Description: Credit 4. Characteristics of digitally
modulated signals; digital signals in additive noise; communication over
fading channels and with intersymbol interference;
source and channel coding; synchronization; spread spectrum techniques.
Prerequisite: ECE 432 or consent of the instructor.
J. G. Proakis, Digital Communications, 4/e, McGraw Hill 2001.
S. G. Wilson,
Digital Modulation and Coding, Prentice Hall 1996.
- Review of random processes; source coding; channel
- Digital modulation and demodulation
- Synchronization and carrier recovery
- Intersymbol interference - Viterbi
- Fading multipath
- Spread spectrum communications