Properties of signals; optimal filters, Wiener and Kalman
filters; signal modeling,
adaptive filters, channel equalizing, echo canceling, noise canceling, and linear
prediction; filter properties.
Prerequisites: ECE 317 and ECE 341
Recent Textbook: Adaptive Filter Theory, by Simon Haykin, 4th edition, 2000.
- Discrete time random signals and
- Signal modeling and forward and
- Wiener filter and properties
- Linear Prediction and algorithms
- Kalman filter and it extensions
- Smoothing filters
- Adaptive filters including LMS and
filter applications such as to: channel equalizing, echo canceling, etc.
- Adaptive filter convergence