Credit 3U/4G. Cellular concept, frequency reuse, mobile radio propagation, channel fading, noise in analog communications, mobile radio channel equalization, multiple access techniques (FDMA, TDMA, CDMA), wireless networking.
ECE 311 and ECE 341
T.S. Rappaport, "Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice", 2nd Ed., Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2002.
1. Cellular concept and frequency reuse
2. Channel fading
3. Multipath in radio propagation
4. Noise in analog and digital communications
5. Multiple access techniques (FDMA,TDMA, CDMA)
6. Mobile radio channel equalization
7. Wireless systems and standards